Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Africa Cake


I made this cake for a good friend of mine I met in my MSW program at UCLA.  She has already lived in Africa and absolutely loves it there.  She is interested in international Social Work and plans to move back as soon as possible.  This was a chocolate cake with sweet cream cheese frosting.
The other cakes are one I made for various fundraisers I put on.  I was on the board of directors of the Life in Africa Foundation, which is a network of community-based organizations in Uganda that benefits war-affected families (www.lifeinafrica.com).  The jewelry is handmade in Kampala out of recycled paper (bracelets are only $5).  I have also worked with the Invisible Children Foundation on various projects/rallies.  We don’t always see eye-to eye on things but they have done a lot to help promote UgandaBeads over the years and I am appreciative.  


No comments:

Post a Comment